The Coach of the Year award reflects outstanding event performances or a series of performances a coach has achieved with his/her Saskatchewan athlete(s) or team(s) within the given year (January - November). The intent of this award is not to recognize long-standing service but it is designed to recognize outstanding results or performances in a given year.
The 2019 Saskatchewan Sport Awards nominations are open until midnight December 6, 2019.
To be eligible to receive a Saskatchewan Coaching Award, the coach must:
- Be coaching amateur athletes in a sport that is recognized as an Active member of Sask Sport Inc.
- Be actively coaching at the time of the nomination
- Be a member in good standing with the nominating organization
- Have his/her primary residence in Saskatchewan
- At minimum, have NCCP Level 1 Certification (or equivalent under the new NCCP). Contact the Coaching Association of Saskatchewan if you are unsure as to whether the coach you are nominating is certified
- Consent to the nomination
- The nominated coach, if chosen as a recipient, must consent to a video recording or provide suitable photos/video footage for the awards presentation
- A Coach can only be nominated in one category per year
- An Active or Affiliate member can only nominate 1 coach per category
- A Coach can be nominated in multiple years for the Coach of the Year award (similar to Athlete of the Year)
- Nominations can only be made by Active and Affiliate members of Sask Sport Inc. (the media and general public are encouraged to bring forth any nominations to an Active or Affiliate member for their consideration).
- All nominations must be submitted by an authorized signing authority of the nominating organization.
- All nominees must validate that the information being submitted is true and accurate.
- All nominations must include the required information requested in the nomination form.
- All nominations must be submitted by utilizing the Sask Sport Inc. Official Online Nomination Form. Handwritten or other submitted nominations will not be accepted.
- NO ACRONYMS PLEASE: When completing the online nomination forms please do not use acronyms. Please spell out in full all competitions, events and awards. This will assist our Future Best & Awards Committee on reviewing the nominations.
- The deadline for nominations is midnight December 6, 2019. The Awards committee has the right to not consider late submissions.
- The final decision regarding coach eligibility will rest with Sask Sport Inc. All decisions shall be final.
- If you are nominating a coach from a sport or event that may not be "well-known" to committee members (e.g. Goalball in Blind Sport or Heptathlon in Athletics, etc.) please feel free to include an overview of the sport so that the Future Best & Awards Committee members gain a better understanding of the skill, challenges and complexity of the sport.
- Nominations will be available online to each Active & Affiliate member of Sask Sport Inc.
- Nomination deadline for the Saskatchewan Sport Awards is
midnight December 6, 2019.
- The Sask Sport Inc. Future Best & Awards Committee will review the nominations and select the award recipients. Award finalists are not selected in this category.
- The Coach of the Year Award recipient will be selected by the Future Best & Awards Committee and notified by Sask Sport Inc.
- The Coach of the Year Award recipient will be announced through a media release to all Saskatchewan media and PSGBs.
This award will be based on an outstanding event performance or a series of performances a coach has achieved with his/her Saskatchewan athlete(s) or team(s) within the given year. The scope of the performance, as well as the depth of field will be factors in determining the significance of the performance. Although results will be the primary indicator of success in this category, how the coach demonstrates ethical behaviours and acts with the best interest of the athletes overall development as a person will also be considered.