The Volunteer Awards are designed to honour individuals who devote their time and effort toward the development of sport. The Volunteer Award will be presented to two individuals.
The 2019 Saskatchewan Sport Awards nominations are open until midnight December 6, 2019.
- Active and affiliate member organizations of Sask Sport Inc. are eligible to submit nominations.
- Only one nomination per member organization will be accepted per year. The individual nominated must have been active as a volunteer during the year leading up to the nomination and must have been a sport volunteer for a minimum of seven years.
- Volunteers may be nominated for service within the province and/or at the National/International level. Service to sport within the province will be the most important factor in the selection process.
- An individual may be nominated for their outstanding volunteer contributions as a coach, administrator, official and/or a combination of the three.
- If the individual has received a Coach Dedication Award or an Officials' Award in the past they are not eligible for nomination for the Volunteer Awards.
- Not have been a recipient of the Volunteer Award in the past.
- Nominations can only be made by Active and Affiliate members of Sask Sport Inc. (the media and general public are encouraged to bring forth any nominations to an Active or Affiliate member for their consideration).
- All nominations must be submitted by an authorized signing authority of the nominating organization.
- All nominees must validate that the information being submitted is true and accurate.
- All nominations must include the required information requested in the nomination form.
- All nominations must be submitted by utilizing the Sask Sport Inc. Official Online Nomination Form. Handwritten or other submitted nominations will not be accepted.
- Previous on-line nominations, for up to 3 years, can be up-dated and re-submitted in the categories of: Coach Male & Female Dedication, Official Male & Female and Volunteer awards.
- NO ACRONYMS PLEASE: When completing the online nomination forms please do not use acronyms. Please spell out in full all competitions, events and awards. This will assist our Future Best & Awards Committee on reviewing the nominations.
- The deadline for nominations is midnight December 6, 2019. The Future Best & Awards Committee has the right to not consider late submissions.
- The final decision regarding volunteer eligibility will rest with Sask Sport Inc. All decisions shall be final.
- Nominations will be available online to each Active & Affiliate member of Sask Sport Inc.
- Nomination deadline for the Saskatchewan Sport Awards is
midnight December 6, 2019.
- The Sask Sport Inc. Future Best & Awards Committee will review the nominations and select the award recipients. Award finalists are not selected in this category.
- The Volunteer Award recipients will be selected by the Future Best & Awards Committee and notified by Sask Sport Inc.
- The Volunteer Award recipients will be announced through a media release to all Saskatchewan media and PSGBs.
This award is designed to recognize and honour the outstanding accomplishments and contributions that a Volunteer had made to his/her sport, athletes and community over a number of years. This award is dedicated to recognizing history, dedication and achievement in the area of volunteering.
The following attributes will be used to determine the selection:
- Contribution to Sport
- Total number of years the volunteer has been actively volunteering at the community, provincial, national and/or international levels.
- Contributions to sport development or sport education during the past year as well as previous years.
- Personal Development and Success
- Other clinics, seminars or professional development the nominee has attended as part of their volunteer field.
- Recognition (i.e. awards) the nominee has received for his or her contributions to sport.
- Volunteering Ethics
- How the nominee has shown respect for athletes, coaches, officials, integrity in relationships and honour to their sport.