Nominees announced for the Sask Sport Inc. November Athlete of the Month Award
The following athletes are nominees for the Sask Sport Inc. November Athlete of the Month Award:
- Tyler O'Gorman, 21, Saskatoon. A member of the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Football Club, O'Gorman was named the Canada West CIS Offensive Player of the Week and Most Valuable Player of the Hardy Cup in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He repeated those honours at the Mitchell Bowl in Ottawa, Ontario. O'Gorman was nominated by Football Saskatchewan.
- Lucas Makowsky, 19, Regina. Makowsky finished first overall in the men's all-round at the Can Am Long Track Competition in Calgary. He had first place finishes in the 3,000m and 5,000 metre speed skating events, was sixth in the 500m, and was seventh in the 1,500m. Makowsky was nominated by the Saskatchewan Amateur Speed Skating Association.
- Andrew Knorr, 17, Saskatoon, and Alex Brazill, 17, Regina. The pair won the gold medal in the junior men's double and a silver in the junior men's pairs at the National Rowing Championships in Welland, Ontario. There were 14 athletes from seven crews in their category. They were nominated by the Saskatchewan Rowing Association.
- Brent Hankewich, 23, Saskatoon. Hankewich twice broke the provincial record in the senior men's 100 individual medley (IM) at the Bell Grand Prix in Toronto, Ontario. He placed 13th in the 100m IM; 16th, 200m IM; 20th 50m fly; and 39th, 200m freestyle. There were 215 athletes in his category. Hankewich was nominated by Swim Saskatchewan.
- Genevieve Binsfeld, 21, Watson. The Minot State University student won her first NAIA National Cross Country Championship in Louisville, Kentucky. She was named an All-American due to this achievement. Binsfeld also won the Regional III Championships in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. She was nominated by Saskatchewan Athletics.
The recipient will be named on Tuesday. For more information contact Pat Rediger at 780-9307 or email email@example.com
December 8, 2006