SportFit is a fun, easy online sport education and fitness motivation program that promotes healthy, active lifestyles. By matching students' personal preferences and physical attributes with sports they have a natural affinity towards, SportFit helps students discover sport. Using the upcoming 2008 Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games and the 2010 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games to spark excitement about getting physically active, SportFit also features information, demonstration video and the history of 78 Olympic and Paralympic summer and winter sports. SportFit helps students discover where their interests and skills may lead them - to an ice arena, mountain top, outdoor field or swimming pool.
- Many connections and potential connections to Curriculum: i.e. Goal setting, leadership opportunities, heart rate monitoring, identifying components of physical fitness and motor abilities, and importance and benefits of exercise
- Can be used as a means for assessment: Journals, Log Books, Performance reviews and oral and written reports
- Can be used as a Reporting Tool
- Challenge Sessions: Easy set up and monitoring
- Integrates Information Technology into Physical Education
- Promotes healthy, active lifestyles and increases sport awareness
Run SportFit in your Physical Education class. Having a Sports or in motion Day? Consider including SportFit! It's free and easy to implement.
- SportFit Day is where K-12 students in SK schools complete eight SportFit stations, enter their results on the SportFit website and receive winter & summer sport recommendations to try.
- SportFit Day is a great way to involve the entire school in a fun event that promotes healthy, active lifestyles and increases sport awareness.
- Recommend delivering SportFit Day at the beginning and the end of the year to assist with personal planning goals for students.
- It will allow schools to do physical fitness bench marking as well as provide a great education tool for students.
SportFit Day Preparation
If you are keen to run a SportFit Day this school year, we can help you make it happen! Please contact SportFit™ Saskatchewan at email@example.com or (306) 780-9141 for more information on this opportunity. We can provide assistance, participant incentives, certificate paper, equipment loaner kits and much more!
For more information on SportFit please visit: >>www.sportfitcanada.com
SportFit™ Saskatchewan is supported by Sask Sport Inc., Saskatchewan in motion, 2010 Legacies Now Society, Sport Canada, Saskatchewan Physical Education Association, Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association, Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations, Sport Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan and the Department of Culture, Youth and Recreation.
Learn how you can
participate in sport